Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Congratulations (NOT Really!...But Really)

I laugh at the daily occurrences in my life. In fact, today's happenings were so funny I decided to blog about it. Earlier, I ran into someone I was briefly entangled with for a few months about three years ago ( we haven't seen each other since). So we collaborate in small talk and I asked them about their love life and they reply "Oh, I have a boyfriend; we've been together for almost three years."I smile and say, "Congrats (not really) you deserve it, (no you don't) I wish you the best (asshole)." We cordially ended the conversation and parted ways.

I laughed at the fact that when we were "talking" it was set in stone that there would be no relationship because they didn't want one and didn't want one for a long time. However; if my calculations are correct they met someone weeks after me and they are having a wonderful long-term relationship. More power to them.

I understand, clearly, that our chemistry wasn't there. I also understand that they have found something great. I am truly happy for them, really. I never want to get in the way of someone finding their true love, because I am definitely looking for mine.

On the other hand, I am mad that I was lied to by another person. I guess because I am nice, people want to let me down easy and make up the cheesy movie script excuses about not being ready for a relationship and letting someone in, when in reality they aren't ready for...ME. I can definitely be a little much, but damn, I am a grown man, tell me the truth and I will live. It actually hurts more when you are lied to and it makes me lose all respect for you as a person.

As I said before, I am happy for their new found love. A little Bitter, but hey you can't have it all.

-Kevin Dwayne.

The Billboard 200